[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS Remote Cluster Co-existence with CTDB/NFS Re-exporting

service at metamodul.com service at metamodul.com
Wed Dec 16 13:39:58 GMT 2015

last week, you are in for one wild ride.  I would also point out that the
flapping did not stop until we resolved connectivity for *all* of the clients,
so remember that even having one single half-connected client is poisonous to
your stability.
In this context i think GPFS should provide somekind of monitoring better than
ping. In the good old days remote clusters even over wan might not exist that
often but i think it changed pretty much nowadays..

If remote clusters are even out of the management ability/responsiblity of the
cluster admin, remote firewalls/network settings  can have seriously impact on
the local cluster without the ability to fix the problem. Something nobody would
like to see.

With kind regards
Hajo