[gpfsug-discuss] Anyone else using Veritas NetBackup with GPFS?

Hughes, Doug Douglas.Hughes at DEShawResearch.com
Thu Dec 3 17:52:46 GMT 2015

I can also, for that matter. This is drifting from Netbackup, but we use an hourly mmapply policy that calls a LIST mechanism with a callback that invokes a script that just takes all of the files output and pulls the file names out of them for rsync to our TSM server. The hourly searches the most recent filesets, and there is a daily that catches anything that might have been missed.

The callback script is pretty simple, it just parses out the file name field from the index output results that come from the policy execution and sorts them and renames them to new files, then a multi-threaded worker backup process (we call it backupd) scans the directory for more things to do and invokes rsync –files-from to get the file list.

From: gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org [mailto:gpfsug-discuss-bounces at spectrumscale.org] On Behalf Of Eric Horst
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 12:46 PM
To: gpfsug main discussion list
Subject: Re: [gpfsug-discuss] Anyone else using Veritas NetBackup with GPFS?

marc, would you or somebody be willing to share a copy of samples/ilm/mmfind to a lowly gpfs 3.5 user? I assume as a sample it might be shareable. I was just about to put some effort into improving some local code we've been running for a long time that was based on gpfs 3.2 samples and is not parallel.

Thanks

-Eric