[gpfsug-discuss] Reexporting GPFS via NFS on VM host

Christopher J. Walker C.J.Walker at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 15:23:07 BST 2015

I've set up a couple of VM hosts to export some of its GPFS filesystem
via NFS to machines on that VM host[1,2].

Is live migration of VMs likely to work?

Live migration isn't a hard requirement, but if it will work, it could
make our life easier.

Chris
[1] AIUI, this is explicitly permitted by the licencing FAQ.

[2] For those wondering why we are doing this, it's that some users want
docker - and they can probably easily escape to become root on the VM.
Doing it this way permits us (we hope) to only export certain bits of
the GPFS filesystem.