[gpfsug-discuss] Independent fileset free inodes

Marc A Kaplan makaplan at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 10 19:14:58 BST 2015

mmlsfileset xxx -i

1. Yes it is slow. I don't know the reasons. Perhaps someone more familiar
with the implementation can comment.

It's surprising to me that it is sooo much slower than mmdf EVEN ON a
filesystem that only has the root fileset!

2.
used:  how many inodes (files) currently exist in the given fileset or
fileset
allocated: number of inodes "pre"allocated in the (special) file of all
inodes.
maximum: number of inodes that GPFS might allocate on demand, with current
--inode-limit settings from mmchfileset and mmchfs.