[gpfsug-discuss] 4.1.1 immutable filesets

Wayne Sawdon wsawdon at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 7 16:27:33 BST 2015

> On 05/08/2015 20:23, "Simon Thompson (Research Computing - IT Services)"
> <S.J.Thompson at bham.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> >* if I have an iam compliant fileset, and it contains immutable files or
> >directories, can I still unlink and delete the filset?
>
> So just to answer my own questions here. (Actually I tried in
> non-compliant mode, rather than full compliance, but I figured this was
> the mode I actually need as I might need to reset the immutable time back
> earlier to allow me to delete something that shouldn't have gone in).
>
> Yes, I can both unlink and delete an immutable fileset which has
immutable
> files which are non expired in it.

It was decided that deleting a fileset with compliant data is a "hole", but
apparently it was not closed before the GA. The same rule should apply to
unlinking the fileset.

HSM on compliant data should be fine. I don't know what happens when you
combine compliance and AFM, but I would suggest not mixing the two.

-Wayne