[gpfsug-discuss] really slow cnfs vip failover due to exportfs -u in bin/mmnfsfuncs unexportAll and unexportFS

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:11:18 BST 2014

our support engineer suggests adding & to the end of the exportfs -u lines
in the mmnfsfunc script, which is a good workaround, can this be added to
future gpfs 3.5 and 4.1 rels (haven't even looked at 4.1 yet). I was
looking at the unexportfs all in nfs-utils/exportfs.c and it looks like the
limiting factor there would be all the hostname lookups? I don't see what
exportfs -u is doing other than doing slow reverse lookups and removing the
export from the nfs stack.