[gpfsug-discuss] Hello

Mcneil, Tony tmcneil at kingston.ac.uk
Wed Oct 15 14:01:49 BST 2014

Hello All,

Thank you for admitting me to the discussion group, I work at Kingston University within the 'Hosting Services Team'

We have recently implemented a 17 node GPFS 3.5.0.20 cluster that serves Samba 4.1.12, the Cluster is configured with 2 failure domains and is located across 2 physical campus's, with a quorum desc disk located at a 3rd site.

The intention is to provide a single namespace for all university unstructured data, the cluster is joined to our AD environment and provisions the home directories for all staff and students (45000+) accounts and will be the repository for all shared data.

So far we have migrated all our students and approximately 60% of our staff.

Looking forward to receiving some interesting posts from the forum.

Regards
Tony.

Tony McNeil
Senior Systems Support Analyst,  Infrastructure,   Information Services

T   Internal: 62852
T   020 8417 2852

Kingston University London
Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2EE
www.kingston.ac.uk<http://www.kingston.ac.uk>

Information in this email and any attachments are confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed
to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other commitment through the use of this email.

Security System.