[gpfsug-discuss] metadata vdisks on fusionio.. doable?

Salvatore Di Nardo sdinardo at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Oct 11 10:37:10 BST 2014

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, the idea is to have 3 servers in 3 different failure groups. Each
of them with a  drive and set 3 metadata replica as the default one.

I have not considered that the vdisks could be off after a 'reboot' or
failure, so that's a good point, but anyway , after a failure or even a
standard reboot, the server and the cluster have to be checked anyway,
and i always check the vdisk status, so no big deal.

Your answer made me consider also another thing...  Once put them back
online, they will be restriped automatically or should i run every time
'mmrestripefs' to verify/correct the replicas?

I understand that use lodal disk sound strange, infact our first idea
was just to add some ssd to the shared storage, but then we considered
that the sas cable could be a huge bottleneck. The cost difference is
not huge and the fusioio locally on the server would make the metadata
just fly.