[gpfsug-discuss] Python API for GPFS

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Fri Jan 17 15:57:22 GMT 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 09:46 -0600, Chad Kerner wrote:
> I would much rather write python than C any day.

That as it may be, for the sort of things I can think of wanting to use
the GPFS API for, performance would be critical, and as such python
would not be an appropriate solution.

The two things I have in mind (and partly coded) are an mmsetfacl to
provide a useful command line tool for setting ACL's and one that can be
used on a directory recursively. The other is an mmfind but hooked into
the inode scan feature of GPFS so ypu get the speed of the policy engine
but in a simple command line for one off's.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.