[gpfsug-discuss] GPS Native RAID on linux?

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Wed May 15 17:12:28 BST 2013

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 at 11:06 -0000, Pete Smith wrote:

> I thought from the presentation that this was available on linux ... but
> documentation seems to indicate IBM GSS only?

We have a new GSS (not yet installed, waiting on power).  The GPFS
nodes are what appear to be fairly ordinary x3650 M4 systems.

Despite having Redhat licenses, I expect us to use our standard CentOS
6.4 on these systems (using the same update mirror and baseline
configuration as our other systems).

Or perhaps the question meant purchasing GPFS/GNR separate from a GSS
purchase.  I have no idea about that.

Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone