[gpfsug-discuss] Register now: Spring GPFS User Group arranged

Claire Robson crobson at ocf.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 14:38:45 GMT 2013

Dear All,

The next meeting date is set for Wednesday 24th April and will be taking place at the fantastic Dolby Studios in London (Dolby Europe Limited, 4-6 Soho Square, London W1D 3PZ).

Getting to Dolby Europe Limited, Soho Square, London
Leave the Tottenham Court Road tube station by the South Oxford Street exit [Exit 1].
Turn left onto Oxford Street.
After about 50m turn left into Soho Street.
Turn right into Soho Square.
4-6 Soho Square is directly in front of you.

Our tentative agenda is as follows:

10:30     Arrivals and refreshments
11:00     Introductions and committee updates
Jez Tucker, Group Chair & Claire Robson, Group Secretary
11:05     GPFS OpenStack Integration
Prasenhit Sarkar, IBM Almaden Research Labs
               GPFS FPO
               Dinesh Subhraveti, IBM Almaden Research Labs
11:45     SAMBA 4.0 & CTDB 2.0
               Michael Adams, SAMBA Development Team
12:15     SAMBA & GPFS Integration
               Volker Lendecke, SAMBA Development Team
13:00     Lunch (Buffet provided)
14:00     GPFS Native RAID & LTFS
Jim Roche, IBM
14:45     User Stories
15:45     Group discussion: Challenges, experiences and questions & Committee matters
Led by Jez Tucker, Group Chairperson
16:00     Close

We will be starting at 11:00am and concluding at 4pm but some of the speaker timings may alter slightly. I will be posting further details on what the presentations cover over the coming week or so.

We hope you can make it for what will be a really interesting day of GPFS discussions. Please register with me if you would like to attend - registrations are based on a first come first served basis.

Best regards,

Claire Robson
GPFS User Group Secreatry

Tel: 0114 257 2200