[gpfsug-discuss] Who uses TSM to archive HSMd data (inline) ?

Jez Tucker Jez.Tucker at rushes.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 09:56:39 GMT 2013

AFAIK it does not do inline for backups. I may be entirely wrong. It might depend on our setup.

It definitely does for archive, which is where we are seeing our issue.

That said, it looks at present like a memory allocation bug which the deb team are working on fixing.

We're limited to filelists no bigger than 4000 files at present as a work around.

I was looking to archive 195K files so you can imagine how inefficient that is.

Let me drag out the actual reference doc when I get into work.