[gpfsug-discuss] Who uses TSM to archive HSMd data (inline) ?

Jez Tucker Jez.Tucker at rushes.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 17:25:26 GMT 2013

Hello all,

  I have to ask Does anyone else do this?

We have a problem and I'm told that "it's so rare that anyone would archive data which is HSMd".

I.E. to create an archive whereby a project is entirely or partially HSMd to LTO

-          online data is archived to tape

-          offline data is copied from HSM tape to archive tape 'inline'

Surely nobody pulls back all their data to disk before re-archiving back to tape?

---
Jez Tucker
Senior Sysadmin
Rushes