[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS snapshot cron job

Eric Horst erich at uw.edu
Wed Feb 6 19:45:05 GMT 2013

It's easy if you use a chronologically sortable naming scheme. We use
YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss. This is a modified excerpt from the bash script I
use. The prune function takes an arg of the number of snapshots to
keep.

SNAPROOT=/grfs/ud00/.snapshots

function prune () {
PCPY=$1
for s in $(/bin/ls -d "$SNAPROOT"/????-??-??-?????? | head --lines=-$PCPY); do
  mmdelsnapshot $FSNAME $s

  if [ $? != 0 ]; then
    echo ERROR: there was a mmdelsnapshot problem $?
    exit
  else
    echo Success
  fi