[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS and both Samba and NFS

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Mon Dec 16 20:46:14 GMT 2013

On 16/12/13 15:31, Sven Oehme wrote:

[SNIP]

> i would like to repeat that i don't write this email to encourage people
> to all go start installing/ configuring samba on top of GPFS as i
> pointed out that you are kind on your own unless you can read source
> code and/or have somebody who does and is able to help as soon as you
> run into a problem.
> the main point of sharing this information is to clarify a lot of
> misinformation out there and provide the people who already have setups
> that are incorrect the information to at least not run into data
> corruption issues do to wrong configuration.

I meant to say that is *VERY* sound advice. Roughly speaking if you had
not already worked out just about everything in that email and more
besides you should not be rolling your own GPFS/Samba/CTDB solution
because you don't know what you are doing and it will likely end in
tears at some point.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.