[gpfsug-discuss] backup and hsm with gpfs

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 10 19:36:24 GMT 2013

Hi Stefan,

Since you're using TSM with GPFS, are you following their current
integration instructions?  My understanding is that what you want is a
regular use case of TSM/GPFS backups.

For file system scans, I believe that the policy engine scales linearly
with the number of nodes you run it on.  Can you add more storage nodes?
  Or run your policy scans across more existing nodes?

Regards,
Alex

chekh at stanford.edu