[gpfsug-discuss] Quick hand count of GPFS + TSM users

Tyler, Amanda J. ajt1 at noc.ac.uk
Thu Sep 13 16:11:09 BST 2012

Reply from National Oceanography Centre Southampton

Yes we use TSM

1) TSM server runs AIX but gpfs nodes are linux

2) Not yet but there is a central NERC project looking into it.
We used Tivoli HSM for several years on a solaris server but stopped about 6 years ago because it had multiple performance issues.

3) We use TSM in the traditional mode for file backup/ archive.

Amanda Tyler