[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS magic options for Samba

Jonathan Buzzard j.buzzard at dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 10 09:54:46 BST 2012

On 10/05/12 08:39, Jez Tucker wrote:
> If you're on 3.4.0-13, can you confirm the operation of DMAPI Windows mounts.
> Any serious issues?

Yes I can confirm that it does not work. Thw documentation is/was all
wrong. See this thread in the GPFS forums.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=426107&tstart=15

Basically you need to wait to 3.4.0-14 or jump to 3.5.0-1 :-)

I have however noticed that the per fileset quotas seem to be fully
functional on 3.4.0-13, turn them on with

    mmchfs test --perfileset-quota

and off with,

    mmchfs test --noperfileset-quota

set a quota for user nemo on the homes fileset with

    mmedquota -u test:homes:nemo

or if you prefer the command line than messing with an editor

     mmsetquota -u nemo -h 25G /test/homes

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard             Tel: +441382-386998
Storage Administrator, College of Life Sciences