[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS UG #5 follow up

Jez Tucker Jez.Tucker at rushes.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 12:11:35 GMT 2012

Hello everyone,

  Firstly, many thanks to those who attended on Wednesday.  I hope UG #5 proved helpful to all.
Please let me know your feedback, positive critique would be most useful.

Things for your bookmarks:

A quick nod to Martin Glassborow aka 'Storagebod' for representing the Media Broadcast sector.
Blog: http://www.storagebod.com<http://www.storagebod.com/wordpress/>

Colin Morey volunteered to advise the committee on behalf of the HPC sector.  Many thanks.

If any one feels that they could volunteer their ear to the committee now and again for their own sector that would be very helpful [Pharmaceuticals, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Formula One, etc..)

The Git repository for the GPFS UG is here:
https://github.com/gpfsug/gpfsug-tools

If you want to commit something, drop me a quick email and I'll give you write access.
(Mine will be going up soon once I've ironed out a the last [I hope] 3-4 bugs..)

If there's any outstanding queries that you feel would be helpful to the group, ping a quick email to the mailing list.
I'll collate these and get a response from IBM for you.

I had a long chat with Boaz from ScaleIO on the way back home.
vSAN looks very, very, interesting. We're going to dip our toes in and use it to underpin our ESX cluster.  No brainer.

Lastly.  I'm afraid I'm now out of IBM Linux fleeces...

Cheers

Jez
---
Jez Tucker
Senior Sysadmin
Rushes

GPFSUG Chairman (chair at gpfsug.org)

Rushes Postproduction Limited, 66 Old Compton Street, London W1D 4UH
tel: +44 (0)20 7437 8676
web: http://www.rushes.co.uk
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail or any part of its contents or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by replying to this message. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail. Rushes Postproduction Limited cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments and recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.