[gpfsug-discuss] Texas Memory Systems Metadata Proposal - Request for interested parties

Jez Tucker Jez.Tucker at rushes.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 13:21:16 GMT 2012

Hello,

  I'll step in at this point.

So yes - you're quite right, nobody wants that.  I.E. no hard sell from vendors, though vendors are most welcome on the list.

I think what would have been most helpful is if you point to case studies of SSD / RAMSAN with GPFS:

http://www.hpcadvisorycouncil.com/events/2011/european_workshop/pdf/17_HPC_Storage.pdf  (page 15)
http://www.violin-memory.com/images/IBM-Violin-GPFS-Record.pdf?d=1

I.E. justify your sales splurge and let the users come back to you :-)

If there's more recent, relevant, [and independent??] case studies then feel free to point them out.

Regards,

Jez

---
Jez Tucker