[gpfsug-discuss] GPFS 3.5 Announcement

Arif Ali mail at arif-ali.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 19:20:09 BST 2012

Hi all,

I have (with help from Barry) found that 3.5 also have .deb packages
available.

Well, I delved in, and tried installing them on my laptop, to see if it
would compile.

3 things come from my experience so far

1. The compilation detects my machine as debian, in-fact it is Ubuntu,
so the testing in the configure needs to change such that it checks for
lsb-release before the debian_version in /etc. But in the meantime "make
LINUX_DISTRIBUTION=UBUNTU_LINUX Autoconfig" does the job, i.e after
copying config/env.mcr.sample to config/env.mcr

2. At the moment with 3.5.0-1, the compilation does not succeed on
11.10. Is there any documentation out there that shows which flavours of
Ubuntu/Debian are in-fact supported. I will try it on an older karmic
test machine that I have already, and see how far I get.

3. The documentations on
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clresctr/vxrx/index.jsp don't
give any indication of Ubuntu/Debian support

any pointers from anyone would be great

regards,

*Arif*